Enrolment of children at a Catholic diocesan school in the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn carries with it the undertaking by parents/guardians to accept the obligation to pay all school fees. It is, however, a matter of Catholic Education Commission policy that an inability to pay school fees should never exclude any child from a Catholic school.
Types of Fees
- Enrolment Fee: per child – Payable when lodging Enrolment Form. This fee is non- refundable.
- School Tuition Fee: per child, per term – is remitted directly to the Catholic Education Office.
- Canberra Catholic Schools Building Fund Voluntary Donation: An optional tax deductible donation to the Building Fund appears on the fee invoice. This is a necessary part of the overall revenue required for the development of the school. The Building Fund voluntary donation is invoiced per family per term, collected and sent to the Catholic Education Building and Maintenance section. This enables Catholic systemic schools in the ACT to be supported through a central body. All electrical, plumbing, painting, glass repairs and maintenance works are undertaken through this CE department. Families are strongly encouraged to pay the Building Fund Voluntary Donation.
The Canberra Catholic Schools Building Fund (applicable only to ACT schools) is endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a deductible gift recipient (DGR) and therefore is fully tax deductible.
Where an older sibling attends another Archdiocesan Catholic School including St Francis Xavier, John Paul College, Merici College or St Clare’s College, this amount will be collected by that school, and is not paid to St Monica’s. The Canberra Catholic Schools Building Fund is automatically added to your school fees statement and is remitted directly to Catholic Education via the school. Should you wish not to contribute to this fund you are required to advise the school at the commencement of each school year.
- School Levy: per 1st, 2nd & 3rd child per term – is retained by the school and covers telephone, postage, cleaning materials, janitor/cleaner’s wages, equipment maintenance, water & sewerage rates, electricity, first-aid materials, administrations costs other than wages, professional development, curriculum and teaching expenses, etc.
- Information Technology Levy: per child per term – is retained by the school to cover the cost of maintaining computer hardware and annual licence subscriptions accessed by all children.
- Curriculum Levy: per child per term – is retained by the school to cover the cost of specialised curriculum activities including gymnastics, tennis and visiting school performances or excursions where the whole school attends or grade activities that have been nominated prior to the levy being set.
- Stationery Levy: per child per term – covers the cost of items purchased for use by the student i.e. text books, exercise books, stationery and classroom consumables, photocopy paper etc.
- Magazine Levy: per family – billed in Term Four to cover printing costs to produce the magazine.
Fee structure is determined by the School Council in Term 4 of each year.
Payment of Fees and Levies
- Fees and levies may be paid in full each term or by instalments if it is more convenient for families to do so. This can be done via a Direct Debit arrangement or by using BPAY (details on the Fee Statement). Full EFTPOS facilities are available at the School Office, or by phone for credit cards. Fees may also be paid via our Qkr! app. Links are provided below to the authority forms for Direct Debit arrangements; and forms are also available at the Front Office.
- All occasions of leave of absence of a child/ren from school attendance will be paid in full unless the child/ren cease to be enrolled at the school. Please note that if a child is away from the school for an extended period of time (eg. overseas holiday) full fees are payable for that time.
- Fees and levies will be calculated on a per week pro-rata scale for an enrolment of a student after the first day of term or if a child departs the school before the end of Week 5 of a term. Families will be required to pay the full terms fees and levies should they leave after Week 5 of a school term.
- The Stationery Levy is to be paid on a per term pro-rata scale for new students who arrive after the first term.
- Families seeking short term enrolment will be required to pay a pro rata fee negotiated with the Principal.
Policies and Documents